Home

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Paris of the Middle East

... or at least the middle of Hastings street, Vancouver.


Why is it that when someone asks you “What’s your favorite restaurant?” Most of us instinctively already have an answer ready to blurt out (subconscious or not). For me, that restaurant hands down, no questions asked, is Nuba.


My love-affair with this tiny Lebanese tapas-style eatery began just last year as I stumbled across the oh-so enticing entranceway. Almost hidden under the old Dominion Building at Cambie and Hastings, the deco oozes playful sophistication doubled as earthy wellness. With modern flare and subtle draw this restaurant practices what so many other, dare I say ‘hipster’ joints, can only preach - laid-back, stylish yet cheap, veggie eats. In other words… my sustenance,

If you haven’t already had a chance to tempt your palates with their so so soh fresh taboulleh, delish baba ghannoj or crispy garden falafel well then I’m sorry… I just don’t think we can be friends.

Nuba Restaurant 207 W. Hastings 604 688-1655,

No comments:

Post a Comment