Home

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

53 Days, 18 Hours, 44 Minutes

Until  I attempt my second ever, half-marathon.

Not even 3 days after my first half-marathon, my mother so lovingly, suggested we do a "mother-daughter"  half-marathon.  Apparently - still riding high on the post-run endorphins - I agreed.  So now in less then 2 months, I, along with my Mom will be running in the GoodLife Fitness Victoria Half-Marathon.





Sounds cute doesn't it?  Maybe not when your mother is already a seasoned marathon runner, who at the age of 65, can quite literally, kick my ass.

Not going to lie - I'm scared folks!  I've never run that kind of distance on terrain I'm not familiar with. When I did my last only half-marathon, I had practiced running the route nearly 10 times.  Without being able to envision the route, I have this awful feeling that the distance will feel so much insurmountable if I can't picture it...

Crazy or not, this one's got me N.E.R.V.O.U.S

No comments:

Post a Comment