Home

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Do It...

trust me.  you won't regret it...

Read The Happiness Project - The New York Times bestseller by Gretchen Rubin.

I'm not sure if its because I'm currently floating deep amidst my "Nourishing The Soul" experiment (Day 2 to be precise) or because I am painfully jealous of this women's bravery - but either way this book is sure to awaken the 6 year old in you who once believed nothing was impossible.

The book written from her own perspective follows Gretchen Rubin as she quits her job, throws her fate to the wind and embarks on a one year journey in the "search of happiness".  Now all Eat Pray Love resemblances aside, the author doesn't just stuff her face with gelato, eat pizza, sleep with young Italian men and practice mediation just to prove anything to 'society' - rather she studies.  She studies everything from Aristotle to Oprah to her children's sleeping patterns.   She looks at work, life, society, herself and her surroundings.  Oh and best of all?  She determines money CAN buy happiness.

All in all, this book is raw, revolutionary and real.

So don't doubt me. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment